Our Bromo Ijen Tour is a chance to see the natural highlights of East Java. Over three days you visit Bromo, Madakaripura Waterfall and Ijen crater. You will watch the sunrise from the viewpoint overlooking Bromo crater, take a 4×4 jeep on an off-road adventure through one of the most beautiful national parks in Indonesia and visit Madakaripura Waterfall before finally taking a midnight tour of Ijen to see the electric blue flames and the turquoise crater lake.
Mount Bromo and Ijen tour is an all-inclusive package. Accommodation and transport in East Java are included in the price. We also run Ijen Bromo tours and the itinerary is the reverse. The price for the Bromo to Ijen Tour is Rp 6,800,000 for two people.
- The electric blue flames of Ijen Crater
- Picturesque view of sunrise over Bromo Volcano
- Visiting the hidden falls of Madakaripura
Day 1: Arrival in Surabaya / Malang / Gilimanuk, Madakaripura Waterfall,
Day 2: Bromo Sunrise, Bromo Crater, Drive to Banyuwangi
Day 3: Blue Flames of Ijen Crater, Watch Sunrise Over Ijen, Departure From Surabaya
Package Includes :
- 2 Nights stay in selected 3-Star accommodation (Twin-Sharing)
- 4×4 jeep rental at Bromo volcano
- Private vehicle with Driver
- Sightseeing tour as per itinerary
- Professional English-speaking local driver
- Entrance fees to all attractions in the itinerary
- Mineral water during tour
- Petrol & Parking Fees
- Optional guide & driver tips (suggested US$2.5 per person per day)
- Air tickets
- Travel insurance
- Other attractions, activities, meals not stated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
On the first day of the Mount Bromo and Ijen Tour, your private driver will meet you at either the train station or airport in Surabaya, Malang or Probolinggo. The driver will take you to your hotel. After checking into the hotel you will have the afternoon free to explore on your own.
The second day of the Bromo and Ijen Tour starts before sunrise. You will be picked up from your hotel in your jeep at 3:30 am. The driver will take you to the viewpoint on Mount Penanjakan/King Kong Hill or Bukit Cinta where you can watch the sunrise. After the sun is up you will be driven to the base of Bromo Volcano. It’s a 25-40 minute walk and hikes to the top of the crater.
After exploring Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park you visit Madakaripura waterfall. The waterfall is in the highlands of East Java and is located at the end of a canyon. To reach the waterfall you need to take a short trek from the car park. It takes about an hour to explore the falls (you can take a swim if you want, but it is cold). Get ready to get wet on the waterfall visit. Afterward, the driver will take you on the seven-hour drive from Bromo to Banyuwangi. You will arrive at Santika Banyuwangi in the evening.
The final day of the Bromo and Ijen Tour is another early start. You will wake up at midnight or 1:00 am for the drive to Ijen crater. It is a 45-minute drive from Banyuwangi to Ijen trek base (Paltuding). From the base camp, you will need to follow the path to the top of Ijen Crater then a 1-2.5 hour trek to the summit of the volcano. With the Ijen Midnight Tour, it’s possible to see the blue flames of Ijen, caused by sulfur gas catching alight. When the sun rises the blue flames disappear and are replaced by the turquoise Crater Lake. At the end of the tour, the driver will bring you back to Ketapang Port, Banyuwangi so you can take the ferry to Bali. He can also bring you back to Surabaya or Probolinggo should you choose.
The Mount Bromo Ijen Tour offers you the chance to visit the natural highlights of East Java. Over three days you will visit Bromo National Park, Madakaripura Waterfall and Ijen.
Bromo is an active volcano. We do monitor the volcanic activity at the crater. Sometimes people are not allowed to visit the crater when the authorities request the visitors to be 1-3 km away from the crater. You can still enjoy the amazing landscape of Bromo. When access to Bromo is closed for a number of days, and we know this is the case, we will inform you about the situation.
Ijen is also an active volcano. There is always the possibility that visitors will not be allowed to enter the crater due to high levels of volcanic activity (suspected poison gas). A perimeter of 1 km from the crater is sometimes put in place. When this occurs you can still see the Blue Fire from afar and enjoy the scenic views surrounding Ijen.
Nature is unpredictable. Sometimes the authorities take precautions for your safety. Obviously, this isn’t something we can control, but we will update you regarding the situation as the date of your trip gets closer.
Terms & Condition
- All prices are per person for ALL MARKET
- Fares quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior
- Booked Guest Name must be the same as Passport or Identity Card
- You can present either printed or electronic voucher
- Confirmation will be received in 48 hours after payment is made
- Full payment must be received at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure
- If there’s any changes in schedule due to weather or any nature conditions, we will inform and discuss this first with the client
- Clients are not allowed to change the itinerary once it’s agreed, change of itinerary may result in additional cost
- A cancellation which is at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee
- A cancellation which is between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee
- A cancellation is within 2 day (s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee
- All cancellations should be in writing via email and notified at least 48 hours prior to departure
If you have any questions, please contact us.