- Learn the secrets behind the authentic Balinese cuisine
- Visit the local market and learn about many different ingredients and spices
- Not only will you learn how to cook Balinese food, but you will also learn about the philosophy behind it and empower the local people of the village directly
- Duration: 5 hours
- The maximum number of participants is 6
There is no better way to explore the Balinese local life and culture, than through its food! During this cooking class you will learn the secrets of the authentic Balinese cuisine.
The cooking class starts with a visit to the traditional market. Here you can see all kinds of spices and main ingredients used for cooking the Balinese food. It is a good opportunity to learn more about the social life of the Balinese people as well.
The cooking class is different compared to other cooking classes. We do not just show you how to cook Balinese food, but also tell you about the philosophy behind it.
This cooking class helps empower and develop the local village and encourages the younger generation to develop their own cooking skills.
- Welcome drink (hot ginger tea)
- Program Introduction
- Explanation of Balinese daily life, such as Balinese architecture, Lontar writing, offer making
- Cooking class and recipes
- Pick-up & drop-off service with private transportation with AC
I have been actively involved in the community-based tourism development since 2010. When I visited villages in remote areas of Bali Island, I saw that they have potential for tourism which could help the villagers earn a living. They only need to know how to manage, package and promote it to the world. I noticed that when the locals know the value of their traditional culture, customs, natural environment and understand that they can benefit from it, they are very interested to open up for travelers like you. I am here to help them promoting their valuable cultural knowledge with the goal to increase their earning power. This goal can only be achieved with support from travelers like you!
08:00– 08.15 : departure or pick up service from hotel (we take sufficient time for transportation)
11:00 : arrive and get a welcome drink with a cup of ginger tea, explanation of Balinese daily life
11:15 : cooking class introduction
11:30 : coffee break (coffee, tea or water and Balinese cake included )
12:00 : continue to cook
13:00 : lunch
14:00 : back to hotel